Who is collecting information?
- It applies to Hind Properties Limited, its subsidiaries, all of the hotels and/or brands within it, including the “Hind” and “Sudima” brands (collectively, HIND, we, or us).
- HIND is committed to ensuring your personal information is protected. It also appreciates that you are concerned about your privacy, including the confidentiality and security of any information we may collect about you.
New Zealand and international laws
- This content has been prepared in accordance with the laws of New Zealand. Any matters or disputes connected with this content will be governed by New Zealand laws and courts.
- Despite the above, for individuals whose personal information is collected and for whom the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulations apply, HIND will conform to the General Data Protection Regulations, which are pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal information and the free movement of such information.
What data is being collected?
- We collect information about you when you interact with our website, make bookings, provide feedback, purchase goods or services, or otherwise when you engage with us directly or indirectly. We also collect information through Google Analytics.
- The types of personal information we collect about you will depend on what services and products you obtain. This data can include collecting your name, address, email address, credit card details and, whatever other information is supplied to us.
How we use your information and whom we may disclose it to
- The information that we collect about you is used to help you access the services or acquire the goods that HIND provides more easily. That may include use of information which assists HIND to communicate with you and which assists us to develop our services and business.
Our security procedures
- Once we receive personal information from you, we take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect or use is accurate and stored in a secure was, with access only by authorised persons.
- We ensure that any companies who help process the information we have collected from you also meet the same criteria that we apply to securing your information.
When we share your information with
- Any personal information that we collect about customers including email addresses will be kept in a HIND database.
- The information we collect from you is confidential. HIND will not sell, rent, loan, trade or lease the names, addresses, or email addresses stored in our database to any third parties. However, we may disclose personal information to third parties, including entities outside of New Zealand, and other information or data we collect from you if:
a) You give us your consent.
b) You would reasonably expect us to disclose it for another purpose.
c) That disclosure for the purpose of processing your personal information for Hind.
- In this way we may use your information to send you out promotional material, which we consider may be relevant to you.
- If you do not wish to receive any of this material you may simply choose to “unsubscribe” from our mailing lists and the unsubscribed material will cease to be sent.
- HIND Companies adhere to the following Privacy Principles:
- HIND only collect and use personal information by fair, lawful, transparent and non-intrusive means.
- HIND will only collect personal information for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes.
- Only personal data relevant to the specific purpose will be saved and processed by HIND.
- Any inaccurate personal information will be corrected or deleted. Where necessary, data must be kept up to date.
- HIND will only keep personal information in an identifiable format and no longer than necessary.
- HIND will keep personal information in a secure manner.
- HIND only use or disclose information for the purpose for which it was collected unless the person has provided permission to send direct marketing material.
- HIND takes reasonable steps, with reference to accepted work practices, to ensure that the personal information it collects and uses is accurate,.
- HIND implements systems that protects any personal information held from misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- HIND has a policy outlining its information data handling practices which is available to anyone upon request.
- HIND will provide access (digital or in hard-copy) to any individual to their personal information which it holds about that individual, on request.
- HIND does not adopt or use an identifier that has been assigned by a Commonwealth government agency.
- HIND does provide methods for customers to interact anonymously whenever it is lawful and practicable to do.
- HIND only transfer personal information to a recipient in a foreign country in circumstances where the information will have an appropriate level of protection.
- HIND does not collect sensitive information unless the individual has consented, it is required by law - or in other special specified circumstances, for example relating to health service provision and health or safety.
Third Party Websites
- HIND cannot control and is not responsible for the collection of information by third-parties, their websites and platforms, or other websites or platforms not controlled or authorized by HIND.
- Customers may be able to access third-party websites through links on the HIND websites. Such third-party websites have their own separate privacy practices. HIND has no control or liability for the practices or policies implemented by such parties, whether or not such third parties use trademarks or other brand elements owned by HIND.
- Customers should communicate directly with third parties to get information about their privacy practices and policies.
- This policy does not cover customers who enter the HIND websites through links from non-HIND sites e.g. advertisers or other content providers.
Amendments to this policy
- HIND reviews its policies and notices from time to time. Any updated materials will have immediate effect, without notice having been provided, and will continue to be available on this page.
Privacy, Sudima Hotels and Resorts
Level 14, 155 Queen St, Auckland 1010
PO Box 106 584, Auckland Central 1143
- You should provide us with as much detail as possible about the particular information sought, in order to help us retrieve it. An access fee may be charged. If HIND does not allow you to access your personal information we will provide you with the reasons for our decision.
- In the event that you wish to opt out of any collection of personal information, HIND will take reasonable steps to assist you with this process.